Bordatella (Canine Cough) Vaccines are NOT 100% effective, they are actually about 60%.
What we do to try and keep Viruses out of our facility:
1. Dogs showing symptoms of Canine Cough are not allowed in the facility.
2. Dogs exposed to Canine Cough in the past two weeks are asked to stay home.
3. We clean with Veterinary hospital disinfectants and follow Veterinary protocols as well.
4. Dogs staying with us are monitored daily for signs of illness and are immediately isolated if showing signs of a virus.
5. We are in constant contact with our Veterinarian and are alerted to any contagious illnesses being seen in the Central Oregon area.
Why might my dog still become sick?
1. Unfortunately Bordatella is air borne and cannot be seen or contained.
2. Dogs can be shedding the virus even if they have no symptoms of being ill.
Most cases of Bordatella (Canine Cough) are like a common cold.
If your dog has an Auto Immune issue or is a puppy or senior we recommend you discuss risk factors prior to boarding.
Yes, we encourage you to do so. Just stop by any time during our business hours, no appointment necessary.
For dogs; Rabies, DHLPP or DA2PP and Bordetella. For cats; Rabies, FVRCP and Leukemia.
We are open Monday through Friday from 8am-6pm (closed for lunch from 1-2pm), Saturday 8am-1pm and Sunday 12-6pm.
Anytime the day of reservation during business hours.
Monday thru Saturday 1pm
You are charged a late check out fee (not another nights boarding).
You may arrange before or after business hours pick-up with manager. A fee will be applied.
You can bring your own food or use ours. We provide Nutrasource lamb and rice up to 6 cups per day.
You can bring your own bedding or you can use ours(as long as your pet is not a chewer). We have mats, sheepskin pads, blankets and Kuranda beds. If you are staying in a Luxury Suite we have cozy mattresses. If you bring your own bedding it must be able to fit into our front-loading washer, as we must be able to clean bedding if it becomes soiled. We will not allow your pet to lie on soiled bedding.
Of course, as long as they are not ones that would be a hazard if your dog were not supervised.
Our trained staff is able to give medications by mouth, topically and injections. Up to 2 medications by mouth or topically are given at no cost. Additional medications are 50 cents per dose. Injections are $4.00 per shot.
Our caring and knowledgeable staff are trained in how to handle situations and able to recognize behaviors before they become an issue. With various types rooms within our facility we are able to find the right place to keep your pet safe and feeling comfortable.
Please feel free to call or email anytime during business hours to check on your pet. After all, they are your babies!